EUROPEAN CASE CLEARING HOUSE. UK Cranfield University
What is ECCH?
ECCH is an independent, non-profit, membership based organization with charitable status. It is dedicated to promoting the case method of learning. The ecch case collection of management case studies and journal article reprints is the largest in the world. It is a unique and accessible resource for business school and university teachers worldwide.
Ecch is engaged in many activities to support the writing and teaching of cases from its offices at Cranfield University in the UK and Babson College in the USA.
Introduction to the ecch case collection
At the heart of ecch lies the collection of over 43,000 management cases, supplementary materials, teaching notes, videos, interactive CD-ROMs and journal article reprints. All users of this website can use the case search facility.
How much does membership cost and Case Cost?
ECCH charges members an annual fee in Euros (EUR) or Pounds Sterling (GBP).
Educational 230 150
Associate 115 75
Corporate 460 300
The first year of ecch membership is free
Copies of cases to be used in the classroom are 0.62 pence (approx 54.59 INR)
Once we become a member, when we place an order this will be added to our account. they will then issue us with an invoice which we may pay by banker’s draft, sterling cheque, or credit card within our 30 days terms and conditions.
Membership privileges for educational members
• Account facilities
You will be invoiced for purchased ecch services. Non-members must pre pay. All orders are subject to ecch's terms of business.
• Royalties on case sales
Ecch will pay royalties, annually, on sales of cases authored at your organisation.
• Discount on case training
Members receive a 10% discount on all open ecch case method workshops.
• Free bibliography
You receive, quarterly, details of all new cases registered with ecch.
• ecch general meetings
Your representative may attend
• Right to vote
Your representative may vote on all proposals at ecch general meetings.
• License to reproduce cases for undergraduate programmes
A two year license for your institution to reproduce selected case materials. This represents a significant cost saving and is designed to facilitate the use of cases in undergraduate teaching.
• Case writing scholarships
Ten Philip Law scholarships are available each year to support research students in developing a teaching case from their data.
• Permission to reproduce cases
An electronic or paper master copy for one-time reproduction at your site. This saves carriage costs for large or long distance orders and is convenient for the compilation of course packs.
• Electronic access to cases
Cases are supplied to you as encrypted PDF files and may be distributed directly to students or delegates by e-mail, CD-ROM, internet or intranet for a time period specified by the instructor.
• Electronic access to teaching notes
Electronic delivery of available teaching notes only for instructors' use.
• Case compilation
Your selection of cases in a spiral bound booklet bearing your logo, suitable for specific course use. Unusual requirements can incur an additional charge.
You may request booklet presentation on standard paper at no extra charge. (Cases are normally supplied as stapled A4 single sheets.)
• Case Purchase
At one time minimum we must buy five cases.
List of members in India
1. Annamalai University
2. Birla Institute of Technology
3. Centre of International Business (CIB)
4. Cerebrus Consultants
5. DC School of Management & Technology
6. Goa Institute of Management
7. Great Lakes Institute of Management
8. ICFAI Business School Case Development Centre
9. ICFAI Business School, Bangalore
10. ICFAI Center for Management Research
11. ICFAI Knowledge Center
12. Indian Institute of Management
13. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
14. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
15. Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
16. Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
17. Institute of Computers & Business Management
18. Institute of Finance and International Management (IFIM)
19. IBSAR Institute of Business Studies & Research
20. ITM University
21. K.J.Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research
22. Loyola Institute of Business Administration
23. MATS School of Business & IT
24. Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad
25. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
26. Philips Software Centre
27. Prestige Institute of Management and Research
28. SDM Institute for Management Development
29. S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research
30. T.A. Pai Management Institute
32. Tata Management Training Centre
33. The ICFAI University Press
34. The Indian Institute of Planning & Management (IIPM)
35. The Indian School of Business
36. Wipro Technologies
37. Xavier Labor Relations Institute (X.L.R.I.)